Saturday, August 1, 2009

Goodbye July

I'm really looking forward to August and putting this month behind me. What a tough month. It was my worst month as a professional gambler as well as my worst in terms of poker income. I believe I've been filing for 5 or 6 years now so that's saying something. It started off much like last month as I was up 10K after only a couple days. From there I went on a 38K, 400 big bet downswing, the biggest monetary downswing I've experienced at poker. It also was one of the longest downswings I've been through lasting 25k hands. From there I was shot out of a cannon winning 750 big bets and 42K in less than 10k hands. For the next 10,000 hands or so, I experienced about ten 5K swings before eventually dropping 15K the last three days. When the smoke cleared, I ended the month up a whopping $736. The blow was somewhat softened in that I received 11K in bonus money from hitting both the 500K and 600K VPP milestones this month. As of writing this I sit at 640K VPPS, almost 2/3 of the way there, and several weeks ahead of pace.

Here is what the month looked like. In big bet terms it actually wasn't terrible as I ended up about 300 but unfortunately big bets don't count for anything.





No comments:

Post a Comment