Thursday, September 30, 2010

September in the Books

I ran very well this month and it ended up being one of my better months of the year. I also was lucky enough to cash in the 5K WCOOP main event for about 10K - this was one of the tournaments Poker Stars put me in from being SuperNova Elite. It also ended a streak of about twenty consecutive Stars tournaments where I hadn't cashed.

In other news, I'm now partnering with a friend (and blog reader) in the 100-200 games on Stars. So essentially what this means is I now have the option of playing another 50-100 table whenever a good 1-2 game is going since I have half the action. This should translate into more money making opportunities and more profit. I'm hoping the more I play the games, the more comfortable I'll be with the swings even though I'm only absorbing half, and ultimately play the games on my own.

On the VPP front, I'm still about 8.5 days behind. I multitabled more 10-20 this month to keep up pace and that's the plan for the next few months. There will likely be some days in October where I 6-8 table those games for several hours and earn 2-3 days worth of VPPS.



6 comments:

  1. Nice Month! I see you use Holdem Manager. Have you tried PokerEdge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually haven't and hadn't heard of it till now. Is that similar to HEM?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying out the 5-day trial. It's pretty sick. The HUD changes each street. eg. On the turn you get their turn AF, Turn C-bet etc(whatever you set it to). Plus you get all the hands without playing, which is about as many as on PTR. Now I just need a better computer with more RAM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I just read that it's banned by the major poker sites. Makes sense. It freezes my computer after like a minute anyways. Cool concept though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah ok, makes sense if they're using datamined hands. I like the idea of the HUD changing by street, HEM and PT should incorporate that feature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. spidey:

    pokeredge is forbidden by PokerStars, like all datamining stuff

    ReplyDelete