Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December Update

I've been playing tons of poker this month - 28,000 hands after 14 days to be exact. It's amazing that I had to average 2,000 hands a day last year to make SuperNovaElite. I really don't know how I did it. I'm exhausted and feel like the only thing I've done for two weeks is sit at my computer playing. Last year I had to do this every single day of the year. Thank god for the changes to Stars VPP structure this year or I don't think there's any way I could make SNE again. So I've gone from being on pace to start the month to about 6 days ahead of pace. I'm at about 970K VPPs as of this post and hope to make SNE within the next 10 days.

I realize I haven't done any strategy posts in a long time, hopefully I have time for one in the next month or so. There really isn't much more to write about that I already haven't written at some point but some topics are worth revisiting. Also my friend Ryan has an excellent blog here: http://ryanwold.com/ and he's already written some good strategy posts.

December has been a pretty strange month money wise. I took off winning 25K after my first week or so and at the beginning of last week I went on about a 20K downswing before recovering some today. I feel like I've run really poorly this week and I'm happy to be where I am. I don't feel like I'm playing my A game, mainly because I'm mentally exhausted but maybe my B+ game. I'm really looking forward to making SNE and relaxing. I need at least a few days where I play very little poker and recharge.

Here's what the month has looked like:





3 comments:

  1. You are a machine. This is the first time I have looked at all your limits and you are in the green in every single one. Nice Going Tony, hope you get there before Christmas. You going to make it a third year in a row next year? See you soon....
    JG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeff. Not sure about next year yet, knowing me I'll probably go for it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking awesome this month man! Congrats on getting up there with the SNE status! Keep up the good work!

    -ryan

    ReplyDelete