Monday, August 13, 2012

On a Tear After My Worst Downswing in History


I haven't blogged for quite a while, I just haven't felt like blogging particularly with how bad I was running/playing at poker.  I went through a 950 BB downswing in the middle of last month in the span of 4 days.  As much as I'd like to just say I ran terrible (and I did), I played equally as terrible.  I actually had three consecutive days of losing 250 BB's+.  I don't know that I've had a total of three 250 BB losing days in seven years and I had three in a row.  I really didn't even realize at the time what was going on, it wasn't until I looked at HEM and my results that it snapped me into reality and made me realize I must being doing some things seriously wrong.  I took some time off (half a day, that's time off for me), and tried to figure out what the hell I was doing.  I started working out every day which I had been neglecting and things immediately stabilized.


The last week and a half or so of last month, I won about 500 BB's and this month I have been on an unbelievable tear. I'm running insanely well and I'm playing extremely well.  I've been in one of those zones where I can four table and know what every person is thinking and trying to accomplish in every situation.  It's a nice feeling and hopefully I can bottle this for the rest of the trip.

On the VPP front, I'm up to about 800K and it does look like I'll be able to make SNE before leaving Costa Rica.  I'm planning on leaving around September 25th now and am really looking forward to playing no poker for a few months.

Here's what the month has looked like:




6 comments:

  1. No offense, but its very pleasent to see, that even the best FL online player in the world gets busted by variances sometimes ;) But as we all know thats the secret for giving us such a great job.

    a question to you, you hearing music while poker? and if yes, which kind of music? do you use it for mental things like calm down or pushing?

    and thx for the book recommidations, if u have more books which had influenced you than let us know. btw if u dont read it -> "Evolve Your Brain: The Science of Changing Your Mind" from joe dispenza im sure u will like it. was the best mindchanging book in my career.

    gl on the tables

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm almost always listening to music while playing. I find it really difficult to play long sessions if I'm not. It definitely helps to focus and relax while me while playing. As for the types of music, it varies a lot, but anything from R&B/Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Relaxation, to Rap. I find I'm playing my best when I'm enjoying the music but not really noticing it. It's hard to describe but if it's making me feel good without me really paying attention to it, that's ideal.

    Thanks for the book recommendation, I will definitely read that. A book I'm reading right now that is really good is Succeed: How We Can Reach Our Goals. The Pursuit of Excellence is another good one that I've read a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thk u for answering, best wishes and thx for the booktips

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi nice to see u guys talking about music, i like also RnB while playing. Tony can u tell me what bands/compilation you prefer (RnB) so i can hear the same music like my hero while playing, which shuold be good for my mindset too ;) thx in advance and thumps up for ur blog i love him

    greest tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha thanks, I like just about any kind of R&B from the 80's on. I'm not sure where you're located but I'd recommend using something like Pandora which you can input a few of your favorite songs or artists and it will start playing similar songs. In Costa Rica they have Jango which is very similar, I'm sure there's something where you are if you Google it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Toni, first of all you have a nice blog. Can you tell me some Coaching Sites for LHE ?

    ReplyDelete