Friday, January 31, 2014

January in the Books and Bariloche Bound

I barely staved off my first losing month at poker in nine years.  Going into today, it was about 98% to happen and I just ran insanely hot at high limits.  I didn't play a whole lot this month and am pretty happy with the results overall considering how rusty I was to start and the fact I was sick the first week in Argentina.









I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable at the tables and feel like I'm back to about 90% of where I was when I left last fall.  It's always a scary feeling to start back up after an extended layoff, I feel pretty lost for the first couple thousand hands and am left wondering if I'm ever going to remember how to play.  But slowly it's come back and I think my thought process is pretty much where it needs to be at this point.  I need to start ramping up the volume or I'm setting myself up for another 12 hours a day/7 days a week grind at the end of the summer that I don't want to have happen.

We're off to Bariloche tomorrow, our 3rd and final destination in Argentina.  I'm really looking forward to this place, it'll be the nicest of the places we've stayed here and away from the hustle and far bustle of the city. Here's a pic of the apartment:

















I'll very likely be sitting on that couch with the table pulled up and monitor and laptop on top of it.  I'll try to post some more pics when we get there.

Good luck to everyone at the tables this month.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking time to post this Tony…always a great read every month…Nstevens59 Nigel

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all and glad you like. See you at the tables!

    ReplyDelete